6 October 2008

AILP is born!

Well, I finally got round to it. I'd been meaning to start a blog for a while; originally I wanted to make it all about music, but I've decided to throw some written and visual things your way as well. I hope you find it entertaining.

Here's a poem that I wrote a couple of weeks ago:


There were people in a line: painted lashes
Lies that glow - cosy and cheeky - and sad
Trickling chins, cider falling past knees
Shins, soaking into feet, drilling pancreatic
Throbs and all of this rattled in memorium
While the grease on my face itches long-distance

You eat cheese and feel corroded, pudgy cheeks
We'll never look so gaunt as when we first walked
And we spoke with gravel on our lungs
And in our hearts we were gripped and numb
Our eyes had never been more open
You'll never access this without feeling guilty

She fumbles and pieces cracked porcelian together
The Lego of my teeth, the sympathy of black trees
There were fields: rich and without fuel, stranded
Nervous and musty, sliding through the services
Conditioning the air and with crooked fingers
We never quite lose the aches in our temples

Moped journeys that we never made. Boxes of your things
Traces of your nights, ephemera in pockets, monarchy
The nose that you rub with blind anticipation
Please never arrive and we'll drink the sofa dry
Digital green displays, subterranean soundtracks
Your eyes burrow tunnels and we forget what we ordered

No comments: