3 November 2008

History



Well, the inevitable happened: I started my boring new job and neglected my blog. Sorry about that. Having a proper daily routine has been quite a shock to the system. And at the weekend I completed a ludicrous 'drink your age in pints challenge', which knocked out both Saturday and Sunday. I feel lucky to be alive, but never mind about that.

Tomorrow's an exciting prospect, isn't it? I really hope Obama manages it. Sarah Palin worries me in a big way. Seriously. Most would-be beauty queens are bullshitting when they threaten to bring about world peace, but this woman is like all four horsemen rolled into one. In any case, I'm sure most of us will be glad to see the back of Bush. Then again, he did give us a few laughs along the way. (Small consolation for ruining large parts of the world, sure.) He also inspired some edgy, brave, heart-pounding music - music that will soon be consigned to history, just like the warmongering chimp himself:

Radiohead - The Gloaming (DJ Shadow Remix)
(mp3)
Immortal Technique - Bin Laden (mp3)
Bloc Party - Helicopter (mp3)
M.I.A. - M.I.A. (Arular Bonus Track) (mp3)

No comments: